Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Need some Motivation?

Today I stumbled upon this video on facebook. I was supposed to be studying for my Biology test for Wednesday. I mean... with all the modern technology, how do you NOT get distracted? 

It's funny how through such a useless site like facebook, that I was able to find such an amazing video that made me break down, and completely reanalyze my life. 
Everyday, I live life almost carelessly. It's not everyday where I wake up thinking I'm going to die tomorrow because I have a life-threatening disease. I live an amazing life, I go to college, I have a wonderful family. I am blessed that both my parents are still together and I have a healthy, crazy, little sister. 
I have all the extras pleasures in life: computer, ipod, gaming consoles, deserts, treats... Isn't it funny with everything we're blessed with, we still compare ourselves to others? We always want more than the other person. We're always comparing ourselves to others because of money or looks, when none of that ever mattered. So why do we do it?

Humans thrive off of competitions. From salary, appearance, house size, nails... anything.

I feel like an idiot living life not grateful. Not even that, because I am grateful for my opportunities in life, but the fact that I am not grateful enough. There's so much to be proud of, and so many reasons to work my ass off. It's not about what I don't have, it's about all I do have. It's not about how I look, but how I treat and respect others. Beauty is on the inside. Life is about living! 

Clouds by Zach

(Picture taken by Annie Feng)
(Picture taken by Annie Feng)

No comments:

Post a Comment